Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

External Display Issue with Windows 10 + Firefox + Youtube/Facebook/Maps

ES_
Beginner

Hello,

I have an issue with my external Display (NEC 2490WUXI with HDMI2DVI Adapter) which is reproducible with some different displays and cables and others not. I have a Vaio Pro 13 Notebook which is used here. The display goes to black/switches off for a second every 5-10 seconds when watching youtube videos, using google maps or facebook in Firefox. I can not tell whether this is a Windows 10 issue, a Firefox issue or a graphics driver issue.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ES_
Beginner

it works better with switching hardware acceleration off in firefox.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Popkultur,

You mentioned that you're using an adapter, have you tried with a straight connection and high quality cable? Intel always recommends to use straight cable connections.

Does the issue happen on Chrome, Opera, Explorer or any other browser?

Could you please let us know the driver version you're using?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ES_
Beginner

It happens with Edge and with Firefox, other browsers I did not test. It happens with all three driver versions I have testes, this includes original drivers from Sony as well as the newest drivers from the board here: 10.18.15.4279

It does not happen anymore on youtube since I switched off hardware acceleration in Firefox. It happens still in google maps though.

I will try straight connection with a new display soon.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Let me know how goes. In the meantime you can try with the latest graphics version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen], according to your computer specs, the version above seems to be the latest.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ES_
Beginner

Dear Amy, your version of the graphics drivers helped, thanks a lot! It seems to work fine now even when using an adapter. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I am glad to hear that the latest graphics driver worked. Thank you for taking the time to communicate this outcome.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos