Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14528 Discussions

XTU Watchdog driver missing

PS9
Beginner

I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my Razer Blade 2015 (HM87, i&-4720HQ) and installed XTU.

XTU works as expected until I reboot - after rebooting, I get this message when trying to apply any settings.

As far as I understand the watchdog timer driver should be installed with XTU - but (even though chipset software ist installed as well) the only intel item in add/remove programs is XTU.

How to fix this?

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PS9
Beginner

... and yes, I reinstalled and rebooted several times

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi psieg,

Watchdog is a BIOS feature, XTU will show it if the option is active in the BIOS.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
PS9
Beginner

Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the BIOS is very limited and does not provide any CPU / overclocking options at all. I will contact razer about the problem. Is there anything else I could check? Is there a tool that can show whether watchdog is present and enabled?

Best

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi psieg,

Motherboard manufacturers customize the BIOS settings; some motherboards don't have the option. The option is usually available in the Boot tab.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
PS9
Beginner

Hi,

the BIOS never had a such option, but to make sure I reset to factory defaults without effect. Do you have another option to confirm the feature is in fact disabled on my system?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi psieg,

I suggest you to contact Razer Blade and request information about BIOS settings. Bear in mind you have a laptop; usually they do not give the option to overclock.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade The New Razer Blade Gaming Laptop - Now Available in QHD+ or Full HD

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
PS9
Beginner

I already contacted Razer, it seems they have the watchdog disabled by default (and no option to change it).

I assume I got this warning before reformatting, clicked the 'don't show again' option and forgot about it.

The Blade is a gaming laptop that - not in BIOS but via XTU - allows some clock and voltage modifications.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi psieg,

Thank you for sharing your findings.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos