Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and continuous disconnections

HT2
Beginner

Hello everyone. Recently I've started experiencing constant WiFi disconnections with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 wireless adapter on my Dell XPS 12. The driver will connect to the router for a couple seconds, then disconnect before reaching the point where I can get internet connection. This will usually continue for 30 minutes before reaching a stable connection, however, sometimes it will disconnect from the stable connection to start the whole "30 minutes" of connection and disconnection. I'm currently studying in a university and it has been really time-consuming and slightly irritating when the driver does this. This whole situation begins when I boot up my laptop, every single time. Points for consistency? I'd really appreciate some help before it decides to disconnect when I'm trying to hand in my assignments online. Thank you in advance.

Helen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi helent,

Please now that we have a very recent driver released that I would like you to try but I would like to get more information so I can provide the correct driver download link.

Please provide your system information report. How to get it?

System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Kevin M

HT2
Beginner

Hello kevin_intel,

Thank you very much for responding. I have attached my system information report.

0 Kudos