Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel H2312JFJR - can it support Nvidia 1080 video card ?

mharb
Beginner

Hi,

Would the Nvidia 1080 video card fit in the compute node ? (Riser installed)

if not, what modern video card would fit and how to find out when shopping around (specs) ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Mishal,

In reply to your question, the Intel® Server System H2312JFJR supports 1 external graphics card with PCIe 3.0 up to x16 add-in card. It is necessary to use slot 1 of the riser included in your system.

More details on https://www.intel.me/content/www/xr/en/support/server-products/000006883.html Intel® Server System H2000JF family technical product specification page 3 and page 77.

There are no tested graphics cards with your system; however, it complies with the standard of PCIe 3.0 x16.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
mharb
Beginner

Hi Mike,

Where do you connect the card for power ? does the power supply have additional connectors I can use and do I need to buy a power cable for the card ?

Regards,

Mishal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mishal,

I reviewed the configuration of the modules and it is necessary to use graphics cards powered by the PCIe ports only. There are no additional power ports in the power distribution board to add spare power cables. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mishal,

I am interested in your case. Let me know is you need anything else.

Regards

Miguel C
0 Kudos
mharb
Beginner

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your feedback. I am considering other options to use PCI express extension cables and external power supply to have a proper Video card installed.

Regards,

Mishal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mishal,

Thank you for your update. I am going to close this interaction since no further assistance is needed; however, please feel free to contact us back if you have additional questions or requests.

Also, you may receive and evaluation regarding this interaction. We will really appreciate all the feedback you can provide us.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos