Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14508 Discussions

Upgrade Bios with error CPU micro-code is not found or micro-code update is failed.

RRiem
Beginner

I bought a brand new Gigabyte X99 Champion motherboard.

On this board the BIOS version F2 is present, I would like to use the I7-6800K processor.

The Motherboard can support this processor only if the BIOS is updated to the version F22.

Now the motherboard is "dead" and the LED indication on the motherboard give the error code 59 what means CPU micro-code is not found or micro-code update is failed.

Is there a way to update still the motherboard beside the need to buy a CPU that is supported in the F2 bios to update the bios?

If there is no other way....then why Intel does not make his processors on such a way the a bios automatically get updated after powerup the motherboard or use old microcode

to be able to update a bios.

Greetings,

GentleRV

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Your issue is with Gigabyte, not Intel. Gigabyte makes the board, and the BIOS. THEIR BIOS must support the Intel processor for you to use that processor.

If you did not have F22 to use the i7-6800K processor, you will need to get a lesser processor that is supported by F2, install that processor, upgrade the BIOS to F22, then install the i7-6800K.

Contact Gigabyte for further assistance.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

Your issue is with Gigabyte, not Intel. Gigabyte makes the board, and the BIOS. THEIR BIOS must support the Intel processor for you to use that processor.

If you did not have F22 to use the i7-6800K processor, you will need to get a lesser processor that is supported by F2, install that processor, upgrade the BIOS to F22, then install the i7-6800K.

Contact Gigabyte for further assistance.

Doc

0 Kudos