Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Is it possible to make the FUT iso UEFI bootable?

OFins
Beginner

My computer does not support legacy boot and therefor I cannot update the SSD FW. I would appreciate it if Intel would make the ISO efi bootable too.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ottar,

We understand you would like to update the firmware of your SSD, but the ISO is not booting up on your system.

We would like to know what kind of system do you have? - You can use https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- this tool and attach the file here. (Use the advanced edit button)

What model of SSD you have?

What is the firmware version you are attempting to update to?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
OFins
Beginner

Hi Nestor,

Thank you very much for following up on my request, please see attached log.

My SSD is a 540s SSDSCKKW010X6.

I am attempting to update with issdfut_2.2.1.iso, should contain FW 041C for my SSD if I'm not mistaken.

It's not critical for me as the SSD is performing well, it's more a request to make it easier in the future not only for me but for everyone that has a computer locked on UEFI boot (Sony has disabled the advanced section in my InsydeH2O bios making it impossible to change to legacy boot).

Best regards

Ottar

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ottar,

Thanks so much for the feedback and suggestion. We will send this to our proper team.

On regards to the firmware update for this drive, we have some other ways in case you want to install the latest firmware on it. We actually went ahead and test one of the SSD we have here and it worked fine, please try this:

Please let us know if it worked this way.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
OFins
Beginner

Hi Nestor,

that worked perfectly, thank you very much for your assistance.

Best regards

Ottar

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ottar,

We are glad to see that our suggestion worked fine. We will be sending your feedback to our team as well.

Hope you have a nice week.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos