Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600

CThom16
Beginner

More a notification than a question. I recently ran the Intel Driver Update Utility (2.8.1) and the automatic check for latest drivers came up with the Intel Graphic Driver for Windows 15.40.34.4624 (I have installed 15.36.33.4578 and all is working well). The new driver says it is compatible with my OS (Windows 7, 64-bit) and my graphics, (Intel HD Graphics 4600). However the driver would not install, telling me my computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. After some research I discovered that the problem lies with my processor (Intel Core i5-4460, a fourth generation processor)/OS combo. Apparently the latest driver will only work with fourth generation processors in conjunction with Windows 10. For the software to work with Windows 7 or 8 a fifth generation processor is required.

I would think this being the case that the automatic update facility should have recognized that my system did not meet requirements and not listed the new driver as a recommended download.

Just trying to help!

Cheers,

Craig.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello CraigWT,

I understand our Intel® Driver Update Utility is not displaying proper driver update.

Thanks for the feedback you are providing to us. I will forward it to the appropriate support group so they can take a look at it.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos