Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Euclid Wifi Connection

MMurr3
Novice

Each time I try to get the Euclid to connect to a new router it fails. tried on 2.4ghz and 5ghz on both google fiber and asus ac5300 routers. what am I missing? I should also note that even when scanning for the networks it times out and i have to refresh the browser to have then networks displayed. I purchased 5 units and so far 2 of the 5 have this same issue.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Mattanimation,

Thanks for reaching Euclid support, allow us to investigate more on this particular issue that you're experiencing and we'll come back to you as soon as we have more information on this scenario.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mattanimation,

We were able to review your case and we have the following recommended steps in order to try to fix the issue, can you try the following:

1. Connect Euclid to monitor, keyboard, and mouse according to section "1.7.3 Local Setup" on page 17 of the operating manual at https://click.intel.com/media/productid2100_10052017/euclid-operating-guide-final.pdf https://click.intel.com/media/productid2100_10052017/euclid-operating-guide-final.pdf.
  2. Boot the device. Note: the root user is "euclid" and the password is "euclid"
  3. Open a terminal in the UI and stop the Euclid automation by typing: sudo service oobe-init stop
  4. Type: nmcli con down id hotspot
  5. Type: sudo nmcli device wifi rescan
  6. Verify that the network you want to connect is on the list, also ensure signal is reasonable.
  7. Compare the outputs to another good Euclid device.
  8. Connect by CMD. Type: nmcli device wifi connect SSID_NAME password NETWORK_PASSWORD

Also, after you stop the Euclid automation layer in step 1, you can try to connect the Euclid from the UI on the Ubuntu desktop.

Another thing you can do to eliminate the router in the loop is to connect the "bad" Euclid to a good Euclid by following the "Quick Start Instructions" on page 6 of the operating manual. Your "bad" Euclid is your "personal device" in this case.

If none of this works, send us the outputs from your troubleshooting steps and we will try to determine the fault.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos
MMurr3
Novice

So following the steps above I am able to connect to the router, however when navigating to 10.42.0.1 in the browser it fails to connect (on the euclid device ).

All that is displayed is the loading wheel and when I used the web inspector there was an error message from roslib.js saying "can't establish a connection with the server ws://10.42.0.1:9090/".

I tried restarting and testing the steps again but got the same result.

but now that I can get the unit connected to the internet are there any recent updates that I could run that are initialized through terminal and not the web interface?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mattanimation,

Glad to know that you were able to connect your network with the Euclid device, now, once you connect your Euclid to your network, the 10.42.0.1 IP address won't work since the network has assigned a new one to the device. What you can do to connect to the device from your PC or phone connected to the same network is to connect a mouse, keyboard, and monitor to the Euclid, log in using euclid as the username and password and then use ifconfig to get the assigned IP address from the network. Now with this address, you can enter it in a browser window on your PC or phone and this will get you to the web interface of Euclid so you can use it as you desire.

We also have video tutorials on the Euclid community site http://www.euclidcommunity.intel.com/ here

Let me know in case you need further assistance with this.

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos
MMurr3
Novice

So I think I need a way to keep the service running but just disable the hotspot. Right now if I attempt to access the new IP assigned by the network I cannot connect to the Euclid web interface (I believe because the oobe-init service has been stopped) . To test this I followed the steps above again, then ran a python simpleHTTPServer and when I did that I was able to access the files on euclid device when referencing the IP in the browser on my other computer that was on the same network. If I follow the steps then enter the IP of the euclid device then it gives the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error.

0 Kudos
MMurr3
Novice

I actually figured it out, I did this:

* restart device

* stop oobe-init service

* updated the ssid parameter in the settings.ini file located in /inte/euclid/config/ to reflect my router

* and then restart the service > sudo service oobe-init start

then I was able to connect to the new ip in the browser on my other machine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mattanimation,

Glad to know that you were able to get connected to the Euclid from another PC, thanks for sharing your outcome, we'll save this for future users who may experience the same issue with the Euclid device.

Have a good one!

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos
SLim23
Beginner

Hi, I'm experiencing the similar issue here. I tried to connect euclid to an AP, but it kept disconnecting from the network.

I tried some other methods(which I don't remember how... not familiar with Linux and did all sort of things) and now I can connect to an AP.

But now, I can't start euclid scenarios at all. I can't get access through the web browser(neither from my desktop nor from the euclid itself).

The above command 'sudo service oobe-init start' failed with a timeout :

● oobe-init.service

Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/oobe-init; bad; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: timeout) since Thu 2017-08-10 12:14:44 KST; 3min 42s ago

Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

Process: 11322 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/oobe-init start (code=killed, signal=TERM)

CGroup: /system.slice/oobe-init.service

├─ 1213 /bin/bash /intel/euclid/oobe-services/startup_services/S1Network/init.sh false

├─10534 /bin/bash /intel/euclid/oobe-services/startup_services/S1Network/init.sh false

├─11330 /bin/bash /intel/euclid/oobe-services/startup_services/S1Network/init.sh false

├─15064 sleep 2

├─15065 sleep 2

└─15066 sleep 2

Aug 10 12:09:44 EUCLID_1FA3 systemd[1]: Starting oobe-init.service...

Aug 10 12:09:44 EUCLID_1FA3 oobe-init[11322]: -I- Running startup scripts

Aug 10 12:09:44 EUCLID_1FA3 oobe-init[11322]: -I- running service: /intel/euclid/oobe-services/start

Aug 10 12:09:44 EUCLID_1FA3 oobe-init[11322]: Startup - S0 Init running!

Aug 10 12:09:45 EUCLID_1FA3 oobe-init[11322]: -I- running service: /intel/euclid/oobe-services/start

Aug 10 12:14:44 EUCLID_1FA3 systemd[1]: oobe-init.service: Start operation timed out. Terminating.

Aug 10 12:14:44 EUCLID_1FA3 systemd[1]: Failed to start oobe-init.service.

Aug 10 12:14:44 EUCLID_1FA3 systemd[1]: oobe-init.service: Unit entered failed state.

Aug 10 12:14:44 EUCLID_1FA3 systemd[1]: oobe-init.service: Failed with result 'timeout'.

0 Kudos