Items with no label
3335 Discussions

R200 camera no IR image uvcvideo patch failed

KXu3
Beginner

Hi,

I am new to RealSense and purchased a robotic development kit (R200 camera + up board). I followed the instruction in the https://01.org/developerjourney/recipe/intel-realsense-robotic-development-kit# comments official quick start guide: installed latest Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Linux-upboard kernel 4.4.0.2-upboard, installed ros and realsense packages. However, when I launched the r200_nodelet_default.launch, all I can get are colored image and depth image, no IR image. /camera/ir/image_raw with image_view gives me empty window, while /camera/depth/image_raw and /camera/color/image_raw give me proper image feed.

I tried dmesg and got error message uvcvideo: Failed to query (SET_CUR) UVC control 1 on unit 7: -32 (exp. 2) So I looked it up online, and people are talking about the uvcvideo patch not properly installed. So I ran the script provided in librealsense: patch-uvcvideo-ubuntu-mainline.sh , but it failed at the patching step showing that Hunk # 1 failed. At this point, I have tried the entire installation process starting with a clean system twice to make sure I did not get any step wrong, and I could not really find any way to fix the uvcvideo issue.

If anyone could help me with the issue, it will be really appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There are not many examples of previous cases where a user failed to get an IR signal so it is tricky to diagnose. There was a case though where somebody was trying to stream an unrectified IR feed with their R200 but it would not work. Intel support staff member David Lu advised that only enumerated streams could be set in combination.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/594822 R200 - Unrectified IR streams will not initialize

Edit: I remembered another similar case where someone was only getting a black display for IR on Librealsense.

In that case, the suggestion for a fix was to do the patch (as you did) and afterwards using this line:

sudo modprobe uvcvideo.

0 Kudos