Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Error when installing latest Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver on Windows 10

SBohn
Beginner

When trying to install version 15.33.45.4653 of the Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver on my Windows 10 64-bit machine via Intel Driver Update Utility or manually, I get the following error:

The message roughly translates to "The setup program couldn't install one or more device drivers. The setup is cancelled.".

Further specifications:

Model: Acer Aspire p3-171

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3339Y CPU @ 1.50GHz, 1497 MHz

It would be nice if someone could help me with this problem. Please ask for it if any further information is required to solve the issue.

Edit: When trying to update it via the device manager, I get the following message:

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Download driver in ZIP format from

Install the driver via "have disk method" as described at:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface

(ignore prolog about MS surface)

0 Kudos
SBohn
Beginner

Unfortunately, this has produced the same error as posted above (the second one).

This is the message in English (system language was changed):

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Open device manager again, check for yellow bangs (gelbes Dreieck mit Ausrufezeichen), especially Intel system devices.

If you find sth. like that you would need to install Chipset driver in first place.

0 Kudos
SBohn
Beginner

There aren't any exclamation marks in the device list, but nevertheless the problems seems to be resolved. After many attempts of installation (which all ended in an error message), the version number magically changed, so the installation seems to have worked spite the error messages. Thanks again for the quick help.

0 Kudos