Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Getting data from Intel Euclid(6DOF)

OAfol
Beginner

Hello,

I am looking to see how I can print out the values of the 6DOF onto the serial monitor for the arduino, can I get help with this. Is it okay to just use the nodes under 6DOF and then add the arduino node for this scenario or do I need something else ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Feyiafolabi,

Thanks for reaching Euclid support, we have an example tutorial on our http://www.euclidcommunity.intel.com/ Euclid community site for person following using Arduino that may work for you to get the data via the serial monitor, the tutorial is called Arduino Person Follower, you can take a look at it and let us know in case you have already tried this tutorial.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos
OAfol
Beginner

Thank you.

Yes I have already seen that tutorial, it demonstrates how it works with the robot, I am interested in showing/printing the actual 6 data points for the 6DOF in the serial monitor of the arduino.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Feyiafolabi,

I understand, no problem, allow me to research more on this and I'll come back to you once I get more information on this scenario.

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos
OAfol
Beginner

Thank you! I will be waiting.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Feyiafolabi,

We are writing to let you know that we are still investigating this scenario and we are still setting the tests on our end. In case you have more information you have found useful and want to share with us, feel free to do so.

We'll come back to you once we have an update on this.

Regards,

Leonardo L

0 Kudos
Meitav_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Feyiafolabi,

When running the camera node (realsense_camera lr200m_nodelet_default.launch) and the realsense slam node (realsense_sp sp.launch), you publish the /tf topic, which contains the 6DOF values (transform {X,Y,Z}, rotation {X,Y,Z,W}).

If you subscribe to the ros topic /tf, you can then print it to the arduino serial monitor. You can find pretty good tutorials for doing that around the web, but unfortunately we do not have our own Euclid example.

Let me know if you have any trouble looking stuff up though and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Meitav

Intel Euclid Development Team

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Feyiafolabi,

I was wondering if you still need assistance with this case.

If you have any update or question, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos