Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

IES api install problem & HNI Driver

KChen22
Beginner

Hi all,

I am setting up the test environment for FM10000. I downloaded IES( Intel Ethernet Switch Software ) api and tried to install it in Unbuntu 16.04 LTS. I followed the guideline in some Documents .Generally, what I do is cd to ies/src and type command

" sudo make install PLATFORM=rubyRapids REF_PLATFORM=libertyTraili INSTALL_DIRECTORY=/home/brayn/Documents".

I go back and check my folder( /home/brayn/Documents ) , there is nothing installed in it so I assume I failed ? Below is the message shows on terminal.

brayn@brayn-Ultra-27:~/Documents/ies/src$ sudo make install PLATFORM=rubyRapids REF_PLATFORM=libertyTraili INSTALL_DIRECTORY=/home/brayn/Documents

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/brayn/Documents/ies/src'

/bin/mkdir -p '/usr/local/lib'

/bin/bash ../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c libFocalpointSDK.la libLTStdPlatform.la '/usr/local/lib'

libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libFocalpointSDK-4.1.3_0378_00314560.so /usr/local/lib/libFocalpointSDK-4.1.3_0378_00314560.so

libtool: install: (cd /usr/local/lib && { ln -s -f libFocalpointSDK-4.1.3_0378_00314560.so libFocalpointSDK.so || { rm -f libFocalpointSDK.so && ln -s libFocalpointSDK-4.1.3_0378_00314560.so libFocalpointSDK.so; }; })

libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libFocalpointSDK.lai /usr/local/lib/libFocalpointSDK.la

libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libLTStdPlatform-4.1.3_0378_00314560.so /usr/local/lib/libLTStdPlatform-4.1.3_0378_00314560.so

libtool: install: (cd /usr/local/lib && { ln -s -f libLTStdPlatform-4.1.3_0378_00314560.so libLTStdPlatform.so || { rm -f libLTStdPlatform.so && ln -s libLTStdPlatform-4.1.3_0378_00314560.so libLTStdPlatform.so; }; })

libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libLTStdPlatform.lai /usr/local/lib/libLTStdPlatform.la

libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libFocalpointSDK.a /usr/local/lib/libFocalpointSDK.a

libtool: install: chmod 644 /usr/local/lib/libFocalpointSDK.a

libtool: install: ranlib /usr/local/lib/libFocalpointSDK.a

libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libLTStdPlatform.a /usr/local/lib/libLTStdPlatform.a

libtool: install: chmod 644 /usr/local/lib/libLTStdPlatform.a

libtool: install: ranlib /usr/local/lib/libLTStdPlatform.a

libtool: finish: PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/snap/bin:/sbin" ldconfig -n /usr/local/lib

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Libraries have been installed in:

/usr/local/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries

in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and

specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'

flag during linking and do at least one of the following:

- add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable

during execution

- add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable

during linking

- use the `-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag

- have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for

more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am'.

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/brayn/Documents/ies/src'

Can anyone have experience help solve this problem?

Also I can't find HNI ( Host Network Interface) driver mentioned in the guideline, Where should I download it ? Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Kimi_chen,

Thank you for posting at Wired Communities. I sent you private message, please reply from there.

thanks,

sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kimi_Chen,

Further checking, please visit the Intel premier support site to submit your inquiry to get further support.

Here is the reference site on how to login and access.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/support/ips/training/access-and-login.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/support/ips/training/access-and-login.html

Hope the above information help.

regards,

sharon

0 Kudos