Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

There is a real way to increase dedicated video memory?

fcast4
Beginner

There is a real way to increase dedicated video memory without having to download some kind of drivers, I have an intel hd graphics 5500 and it tells me that it can be increased to 2133 but I only have 128mb.

Please i need help, my games its running bad and I think a waste of memory because according to says should have more mb.

I've already been reading other posts and I've seen something about going into regedit and creating a DWORD but that is not working right now.

Thank you very much.

Francisco
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is DVM (dedicated video memory) and SVM (system video memory). Make sure you understand the difference.

You deal with DVM in the BIOS. If you cannot change DVM in the BIOS, then you cannot change it.

Review post # 2 here:

Doc

0 Kudos
fcast4
Beginner

I already saw that post and followed the steps but it did not help me at all. Even at the beginning I could not find the folder gmm so believe it as one of the comments said.

My question is, is there any other way to increase dedicated memory from the BIOS but without doing that configuration ?, I mean a new configuration, or if you renamed the folder and it is no longer called GMM.

In summary; I'm looking for another way to modify dedicated memory from the BIOS
0 Kudos