Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Driver Update Utility not starting due to failing system service.

JGind
Beginner

I downloaded the Intel Driver Update Utility 2.8.1 and installed it.

When I try to start it I get the following error:

I want to update my driver for HD Graphics 3000, because it is not working after installing the Creators Update on W10.

I rolled the system back to the prior version, and now I want to try updating the driver.

The driver version I downloaded ( filename win64_154001.exe ) won't install, it says that the software does not support the hardware...

Ehm...., I do have the HD Grapics 3000. (Machine is an ASUS laptop N73 series, an oldie but still working fine)

(it is in Dutch, but you'll understand)

So any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Jagio,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I will be more than happy to help you with the Intel® Driver Update Utility issue. Please try the following:
  1. Use the Windows Search (next to the start button) and look for "Services".
  2. Locate the Intel(R) Driver and Support Assistant > Right click > Properties > Startup type > Automatic > click Apply.
  3. Locate the Intel(R) System Usage Report Service SystemUsageReportSvc_QUEENCREEK > Right click > Properties > Startup type > Automatic > click Apply.
  4. Restart the computer.
In addition, I recommend you to download and install the drivers directly from the laptop's manufacturer (Asus). If there isn't any driver available for the operating system you have installed, most likely, your laptop is not validated to work with that OS. Please check the following links for further information:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000006105.html Intel® Processor Support for Microsoft Windows® 10

As for the graphics driver for Windows® 10, I have sent you a private message.

I hope this information helps.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos