Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Problems Connecting Intel HD 4000 Graphics Through HDMI Switch

ABuck1
Beginner

I have an Asus laptop with an Intel HD 4000 graphics adapter inside. I also have a Dell Desktop with a dedicated ATI graphics card as well as an Asus Transformer T1 which has 'Intel HD Graphics' according to device manager. All work fine when connecting to my Asus monitor via HDMI.

The problem is when i introduce a HDMI switch that i just recently bought. All work fine but for the Asus laptop which has the Intel HD 4000 graphics on board. In the native monitor resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 60hz refresh rate, i get green spots and flickering lines when displaying dark colours on the monitor connected to the hdmi switch. If i drop the resolution down to something that allows me to use 70 or 75 Hz refresh rate, the green strips go away and its fine. Using my Asus transformer i can output through the HDMI switch in 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz and i get no green spots or flickering lines. So this problem only exists on the Intel HD 4000. I've tried the last 2 driver versions but no fix and wondered if anyone could suggest a fix as im reluctant to go and buy anohter hdmi switch in case i have the same problem.

I also tried creating custom resolutions of 1920 x 1080 with 70 and 75 Hz refresh rates but the monitor doesnt support it and went black.

Any ideas??

2 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Andy

Switches, adapters and dongles on HDMI connections are very prone to display issues. If the issue is not occurring with a direct connection from the laptop to the display then the switch is suspect. One thing you can do is be sure you are using high quality HDMI cables. Here is a table on HDMI cable types from the Wiki on HDMI.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
ALyab
Beginner

The very same problem with Intel HD 4400.

Farquea, have you fixed it?

0 Kudos