Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Graphics Problem with LT Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

JC10
Beginner

Hi

I am facing the VIDEO problem while having Video Calling Using SKYPE and it started happening only four days back. I referred the matter to Skype who informed that it is due to Graphics Generic Driver.

Request if someone can help me with the same whether it is a Graphics Problem OR purely Skype Problem.

Regards

Jitendra

0 Kudos
11 Replies
KHans13
New Contributor I

I'm not sure what you mean by video problem, as that can be all sorts of things. Still, I would take care of that driver before worrying about why Skype isn't working.

By LT, do you mean the Gateway LT series of netbooks, and if so, which model? If you happen to have the Atom N2600 processor, you're out of luck. Intel never made any 64-bit drivers for the integrated graphics in the N2600 and any attempts at hacking the 32-bit drivers have been half-baked at best.

Just give us more details and we'll help you out.

0 Kudos
JC10
Beginner

Hi Kory

Thanks for your revert, I am providing below the complete details that shall help you resolve the issue being faced by me:

1. Laptop Make & Model - Acer Aspire 5740

2. Processor - Intel Core i3 330M

3. Windows Version - Windows 7 64bit

4. Graphics Card - Intel Graphics Medica Accelerator HD Up to 1274MB DVMT

Hope this will help you analyse and resolve the issue faced by me

God Bless!

Thanks & Regards

Jitendra

0 Kudos
KHans13
New Contributor I

Ohhhh....LT = laptop

Before you do anything, make sure any existing drivers are uninstalled. It should suffice to uninstall anything resembling "Intel graphics driver."

Here's the correct driver: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22521/a08/Win7Vista_64_152258.exe&Lang=eng&Dwnldid=22521 Intel® Download Center. I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
JC10
Beginner

Hi Kory

Thanks for your quick revert, can you also please guide me how to UNINSTALL the existing driver and which file I have to select to uninstall.

Regards

Jitendra

0 Kudos
KHans13
New Contributor I

Sure thing, go to your Control Panel and find Device Manager. (You can switch to Small Icons if you're having trouble finding it). Expand the Display Adapters tab, right click on the Intel graphics (it might say Standard VGA Adapter, that's ok), and click Uninstall. When that's done, restart your computer and install the new drivers.

Let me know if I forgot anything.

0 Kudos
JC10
Beginner

Hi Kory

I unistalled the drivers, re-booted machine and then Installed the Fresh Drivers followed by a Reboot, however there is NO change in the status as the SKYPE is still not been able to recognize the Inbuilt Acer Crystal Eye Webcam.

Request if you may please advise way forward.

Thanks & Regards

Jitendra

0 Kudos
KHans13
New Contributor I

Oh, this is a webcam problem. A new graphics driver isn't going to fix that!

OK, go back to your Device Manager and look under Imaging Devices. Uninstall whatever you see there and reboot; once Windows boots up again the webcam should initialize itself and you'll be golden. If there's nothing there, or there is no Imaging Devices submenu, try clicking Action > Scan for Hardware Changes. If that doesn't see your webcam, it could be physically disconnected, and it'll be a major pain to disassemble your laptop to figure out the problem. In that case, best of luck to you.

0 Kudos
JC10
Beginner

Hi Kory

I did that - uninstalled the device shown over there and rebooted my machine, while it got re-installed, but the problem continues.

Will Reinstallation of Windows help and also can you please guide what all I will have to do to ensure that I have all the latest drivers.

God Bless!

Regards

Jitendra

0 Kudos
JC10
Beginner

Thanks a ton Kory, however I have already done that.

Why I sought your views on re-installation of Windows is on 21st evening while I was downloaeding a few files, my Laptop first hanged and then displayed the Crash message and re-booted in Safe Mode. Post that I rebooted and started facing the following problems:

1. Skype stopped working on Video calls with the message that there is NO webcam found

2. The MS Word displayed error message for Normal.dotm, which is not a big thing and since taken care

3. Every time I open MS Excel it prompts me to click OK on the message box "stdole32.tlb"

4. Every time I boot the machine I get the message to run the Net.Exe file

5. Last but not the least the Laptop has become slower and booting time gone up by 50% to 110 seconds

Look forward to your advise/guidance

God Bless!

Regards

Jitendra

0 Kudos
KHans13
New Contributor I

These could be signs of a killer malware attack on your laptop. I say if you have the time and patience to back up all of your files and reinstall Windows, do that. That boot time is absurd for such a new-ish laptop. But if the boot time is up 50% to 110 seconds, that would mean it was 70 or so seconds before the problems started happening. This alone would be cause for me personally to nuke Windows and start over, figuratively speaking. Let me know how it goes after you reinstall.

0 Kudos