cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel brand new 530 ssd and some bad sectors, pls advise

DDimi3
New Contributor

Hi there,

I bought recently Intel 530 SSD. After only several hours of use HD Sentinel reported :

There are 2 bad sectors on the disk surface. The contents of these sectors were moved to the spare area.

At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible, only if the health drops further.It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly. All new problems found will be logged there.The TRIM feature of the SSD is supported and enabled for optimal performance. No actions needed.

Health: 98% in HD Sentinel

Intel SSD Toolbox also shows under SMART Details >> Re-allocated Sector Count / Raw / = 2,

but at the same time reports Drive Health as good.

Another program - SSDLife Pro shows >> Drive health is EXCELLENT

I am afraid that that situation with this those bad sectors might get worse in the future.

What do you think ?

What would you advise me – to try return the SSD and get a replacement one

or just to ignore the message about those 2 bad sectors ? Is the last covered by the warranty ?

Thanks for your time,

intel_fan1001

1 REPLY 1

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hi intel_fan1001, two bad blocks do not necessarily mean the drive is bad because Intel® SSDs offer additional space from over-provisioning.

I recommend you running the full diagnostic scan from the Intel® SSD Toolbox and keep an eye on the count of the SMART attribute 05, the amount of bad sectors should not increment steadily.