Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Newest drivers make my 2nd screen black and white.

idata
Employee

I'm reporting an error with the latest drivers.

When using a 2nd screen it makes it black and white with some random colours dots. I have tried 3 different screens and all have the same problem.

When starting up/shutting down the screen is fine for a few secs though.

I'm using the previous drivers now and they are working fine.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit and GMA 4500HD.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

I have the exact problem you have. At first I didn't have any sound from my HDMI so I downloaded the newest vidio drivers and not when I start up the picture is fine till i come to the dest top. Been trying everything. Anyone have an answer?

Thanks Brent

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I haven't found anything, I've just been using the older drivers.

I emailed support but got no reply back. If you find anything, then post it here.

idata
Employee

Similar problems here but I get a corupt picture on all my monitors. Each day when I first boot the Win7 Welcome/Logon screen looks fine. I type my password and the desktop shows up fine and then after about 1.5secs it screws up. Then I hit Win+L to go back to the Welcome screen and it looks fine. Then type my password and it messed up again. The only solution I have found is to reset the video drivers using devcon.

I used AutoHotkey to assing this command line to Ctrl+Win+Alt+V:

devcon restart =Display

You can download devcon.exe from here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272

So now if the video gets all screwy I just hit the hotkey, then hit Win+L to get the logon screen and then type my pass and I am back to work. I have to do this every day now. It all started with 1986. I also have a 4500HD. I upgraded to the new driver to get Flash 10.1 beta to work.

0 Kudos