Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel HD 530 Graphics flickering and blank screen on HP ProDesk 600 G2

MLlew2
Beginner

Hello, I was directed to create a new thread based on

here is the information requested in that thread.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Screen flickers when connected via displayport but not vga, moninfo tool shows monitor as connected via displayport even when connected with vga cable.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): x

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

HP Prodesk 600 G2 SFF

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

onboard graphics only

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue <strong style="font-styl...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mllewellyn,

Thank you for joining Graphics community.

Let's try with the following, let's update the following drivers;

• Driver for your monitor, go to "Support & Downloads"; http://www.viewsonic.com/us/vg2439smh.html ViewSonic VA2439Smh, 24 Monitor
  • BIOS HP Business Desktop ME 11.x Firmware
  • Intel Chipset Support for Windows
  • Intel Management Engine Driver
  • Intel Graphics Driver - 64b

Find these here; http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-prodesk-600-g2-small-form-factor-pc/7633319/drivers HP ProDesk 600 G2 Small Form Factor PC Drivers and Downloads | HP® Customer Support

How many DP cables have you tested?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

mllewellyn, were you able to follow my suggestion?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MLlew2
Beginner

Sorry for the delay I've been waiting on some new cables suggested by HP,

I haven't had any success, I had an HP support rep take a look at the computer also and we've updated all the drivers and the bios you've listed, I'm actually using a newer bios than you have in your post. I've tried 3 different cables and I've also tried on different monitors with the same results.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for that information.

Please let me know as soon as you get the new cables.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MLlew2
Beginner

I tried the new cables sent by HP and I am having the same results.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

mllewellyn, I would like to know; what did HP say about this issue? Do they think is hardware or software related?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MLlew2
Beginner

At this point they are not sure, but since we have tried all other options I'm thinking it's hardware related. I do not have this issue on any pc that does not contain an HD 530 graphics chipset.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That is also my thinking, that is why I asked that. Just like mentioned, none of my Intel® HD Graphics 530 systems behaves likes this; they are working fine.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

mllewellyn, were you able to contact HP?

Regards,

Amy.
0 Kudos
JGarc43
Beginner

I'm having this issue specifically when I'm working on excel it flickers from time to time.

The description of my computer is the following:

HP Pro One 600 G2 21.5-in Non-Touch AiO

Intel HD Graphics 530

Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 3.20 Ghz

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FSA5,

For us to further assist you and to help you with the specific problem, please create a new thread, make sure to add all the details in regard to your system. This way the next agent will have a better look at your specific scenario, you can add this thread as a reference but I recommend creating a new thread in order to isolate your case.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos