Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Camera explore cannot capture stream for SR300 most of time.

GZhou4
Beginner

I have intel realsense SR300 sensor. I use Camera explorer in Intel realsense SDK to test it. The camera explorer can detect the sensor. When I tried to do steam capture, occasionally the capture is success but most time the capture is failed. One failure case is that I got the message "ERROR: Device failed due to malfucntioning". or "please waiting" and struct.

Sometime, close and reopen camera explorer or plug and unplug usb cable can solve the issue, but not always.

My systems

Windows 10, X64.

Intel Xeon CPU E5-1650

RAM: 32GB

I appreciate any suggestion.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I just wanted to add a note to help others to answer this question. There have been several versions of the E5-1650 CPU since 2012, up to 'E5-1650 V4', which is a 5th Generation Broadwell-E CPU. Although the Broadwell-E range is 5th gen, it was actually released around the same time as Skylake, The E5-1650 B-E, as a Xeon, is an enterprise CPU, (a power processor with 6 cores), whilst Skylake is consumer-focused with 4 cores.

Another member of this forum has been using a 10-core Broadwell-E CPU successfully with the SR-300. So although the SR-300 is supposed to need 6th generation minimum, the Broadwell-E is an exception to that rule.

Of course, if GYZhou's Xeon E5-1650 is older than version V4 then its architecture may indeed be incompatible with SR-300. GYZhou, do you know what V number your CPU is? If you bought it in 2016 then it is likely to be the Broadwelll-E V4..

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I just wanted to add a note to help others to answer this question. There have been several versions of the E5-1650 CPU since 2012, up to 'E5-1650 V4', which is a 5th Generation Broadwell-E CPU. Although the Broadwell-E range is 5th gen, it was actually released around the same time as Skylake, The E5-1650 B-E, as a Xeon, is an enterprise CPU, (a power processor with 6 cores), whilst Skylake is consumer-focused with 4 cores.

Another member of this forum has been using a 10-core Broadwell-E CPU successfully with the SR-300. So although the SR-300 is supposed to need 6th generation minimum, the Broadwell-E is an exception to that rule.

Of course, if GYZhou's Xeon E5-1650 is older than version V4 then its architecture may indeed be incompatible with SR-300. GYZhou, do you know what V number your CPU is? If you bought it in 2016 then it is likely to be the Broadwelll-E V4..

GZhou4
Beginner

My cpu is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v3 @ 3.5GHZ

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

V3 is the 2014-era Haswell architecture. This sadly means that although your processor could work with the older F200 RealSense camera, it cannot use most of the SR-300's advanced features such as face and hand tracking. It may be able to do simple processing of raw camera data and RGB video though.

0 Kudos
GZhou4
Beginner

How about Intel Core i7-6700 cpu @3.4GHZ. Is that working with SR300? At least I get relative reliable stream from that PC.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Core i7-6700 is listed as a 6th generation Skylake, so that one should be fine with the SR-300.

0 Kudos