Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Dedicated RAM - Graphics 530 HD

NHill2
Beginner

Hi !

I am about to buy some PCs with Intel HD graphics 530

I need to know if it uses shared memory or dedicated memory.

If I had a Intel HD Graphics 530 instaled on a PC with 512MB RAM, which is the maximum memory available for the 530 graphics?

Thank you in advance !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CCris2
New Contributor II

Hi PentiumCadiz ,

I think that all 512MB. I don't know why you would buy only 512MB when you can buy at least 8GB or even 16 DDR4 2100.

I think that the shared capacity depends of mainboad.

I can tell you that on Asrock z170 Extreme 7+ the max memory that can be shared as dedicated in bios is 1792MB with 16GB DDR4.

But the driver overrides that and on windows 8.1 you have 4096MB and on Windows 10, 8192MB.

0 Kudos
NHill2
Beginner

You are right, Ronin. I wont buy a PC with less than 8GB of RAM.

I just want to confirm how this integrated graphics card works. Just to be sure whether it uses SHARED video memory or DEDICATED.

Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ronin, thanks for the help.

PentiumCadiz if you have more questions regarding this matter, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello PentiumCadiz,

This graphics controller uses shared memory. The Intel® HD Graphics 530 has a graphics max dynamic frequency of 1.15GHz, however; the minimum and maximum amount of shared memory for graphics is customized by the computer manufacturers. In most cases they have already configured the system to use the maximum amount of graphics memory that is possible for your particular computer model.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos