Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Error installing sdk 2016 R2 for webapp support

idata
Employee

Hi,

In my company are developing a multimedia app using the javascript API, we have some SR300 new devices. I read that the Webapp support is discontinued in the last release, but i am trying to install the previous sdk (2016 R2) without success.

Those are the steps i did:

1. Install the DCM driver for SR300 intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718.exe

2. Install the offline installer for the 2016 R2 SDK: intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396.exe (1.8GB prox) - I restart the system

3. Install the webapp from C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\runtime\intel_rs_sdk_runtime_webapp_10.0.26.0396.exe

But i always get the same error:

I have tried to uninstall & reinstall many times, could anyone help me?

We have made an important investment in this code, and the javascript API is a requirement for us at the comment.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You are not the first case I have heard of regarding problems when trying to install R2 after having first installed R3 and uninstalled it.

The SDK developer manual recommends uninstalling the SDK using the Programs and Features section of the Windows Control Panel (findable by typing 'programs' into the text box on the bottom of your Windows screen beside the button where you shut down). Did you use this method of un-installation?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks. Yes, i used Control Panel to remove everything. Following your advice, i tried to install the same in another computer from scratch, just 2016 R2 version directly. But, i got the same error message. I don't know what more to do. Both computers are Windows 10 with the last updates.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Ok, so you installed R2 on another computer that hadn't had R3 installed on it and you got the same message?

Could you tell me please some of the details of the PCs you are using, such as their processor type? If you type 'info' into the Windows text box by the shut down button to find the System Information page and attach a snapshot of that page from your main PC (and the other one if you wish), it would be excellent. Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, i have installed in another PC that hadn't R3 before, and i got the same error.

This is the info of the first PC.

*This is the second PC, i couldn't put it in English, sorry

I am a bit confuse about the installers, because many links were removed from intel site. I am using the file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\runtime\intel_rs_sdk_runtime_webapp_10.0.26.0396.exe, that is correct?

Because the demo javascript app send me to https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/webapp_setup_v10.exe https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/webapp_setup_v10.exe, but this is broken.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The minimum processor requirement for the SR-300 camera is the 6th generation Skylake processor architecture. The first machine listed is a 5th generation Broadwell architecture chip launched in Jan 2015. A Broadwell processor from this era may be able to access some basic functions of the camera such as raw data streaming and simple RGB video processing but not advanced functions such as hand and face tracking.

The other machine, a Celeron 3205U, is also Broadwell architecture from Jan 2015.

Your fastest route to success with the camera, I suspect, would be to purchase a cheap Skylake PC to use as your development machine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

But the Hand/Face tracking works well with the C++/C# examples, it is only when i try to install the webapp component that i get the error.

Anyway, I will try to install it in a newer laptop at home.

Thank you for the support!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Broadwell machines seem to be a somewhat random lucky-dip as far as the SR-300 is concerned. The technically correct advice is that Skylake should be the minimum spec for the camera, and yet some do manage to defy the spec and get the camera working on their Broadwell PC! There's no way to predict which Broadwell machines it will work for and which it won't.

Anyway, you reminded me of a related issue to WebApp that was discussed on the forum recently due to people having trouble with it. They got the exact same error image when trying to install WebApp that you did. A component called the ITA (Intel Technology Access - basically, functionality for touchscreen devices) was causing them problems.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mvegaleal,

Thanks for contacting us!

We have received your web ticket and we are working on your issue there, we'll reply you as soon as possible.

MartyG thank you very much for your help in the community, we appreciate it.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the support.

Intel replied to me that they have removed the "Webapp Component" from all releases, the old ones too. So there is no way to use javascript or java with Realsense anymore.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Whilst the WebApp component has been removed, it is still possible to create online-enabled RealSense applications using the Unity engine and its UNet networking system, though it is of course not quite as convenient as being able to load a RealSense application in a web browser.

0 Kudos