Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

Graphics ?

AAlkn
Beginner

Am sorry if this posted in the wrong section but

I have HP Compaq Elite 8200 microtower

64 bit

4GB ram

Intel 2000 graphics card

If anymore information needed please just ask

Can I replace my Intel 2000 HD with one of these two ?

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-720/specifications GeForce GT 720 | Specifications | GeForce

http://www.evga.com/products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=60cf7c29-2977-4443-8e5b-1fc415659d8b EVGA - Product Specs - EVGA GeForce GT 740 2GB Superclocked

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AAlkn
Beginner

processor

i7-2600 3.40 ghz

0 Kudos
AAlkn
Beginner

If they are is any other card i can add please list

0 Kudos
AAlkn
Beginner

some one

0 Kudos
AStar8
Beginner

It wouldn't be replacing so much as the intel 2000 HD would be built into the motherboard itself so not really a replaceable part. However it does look like that computer has a spare PCI-E slot where you could add a graphics card. Both the graphics cards you linked to are dual slot graphics cards so depending on the space available in the case, those may not fit. But you could definitely add a graphics card to the computer still.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Andrew2110, I appreciate your help, that is exactly correct. The Intel® HD graphics 2000 is integrated on the processor. In regard to the computer specifications, I noticed the following PCIe slots:

1 full-height PCIe x1

2 full-height PCIe x16

So, definitely, you could add a PCI express video card and this will cause that the onboard graphics (Intel® HD graphics 2000) gets disabled electronically.

Allan.
AAlkn
Beginner

Thank you for taking you're time looking at my suition I have few more questions Will have to upgrade the power supply if I added 1GB GT 720 DDR3

or can you suggest me any other card please ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AStar8
Beginner

Looking at the spec for your computer it would appear to have a 320w PSU, my gut tells me this is a little low and in an ideal world would prefer a good 400w / 500w PSU (In my experience they're not something you'd want to go too cheap on).

Saying this however, the minimum requirement for that card is a 300w PSU and the card itself requires 19w so it would *probably* run everything fine. Sometimes with whole systems bought from a manufacturer like this though PSU's aren't designed to be swapped out so might turn into a difficult job. Good luck!
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel only work with graphics controllers integrated on the Intel® processor, I am afraid I do not have external video card recommendations.

Andrew2110 is right about this, your computer model may have a HP* proprietary power supply. Please check for recommendations at http://support.hp.com/us-en HP*

Allan.
0 Kudos
AAlkn
Beginner

Thank you very much for Helping I really appreciate that both of you and Andrew2110 Andrew2110

0 Kudos