Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Urgent: The Intel Driver HD3000 setting " Quantization Range " is not working functionally.

idata
Employee

Dear all Intel staffs

Have you tried to sort this thing out or just stay out of touch this issue ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

The RGB Full Range standard is supported across many LCD Monitors. and why Intel refuses to address this issue asap.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same issue reproduces on both devices, connected to my PC (LCD and plazma TV). Also found complaints to this bug http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20792572 here. The bug is really annoying, because the difference in black levels is obvious.

Two weeks ago wrote request to the Intel support - "we will let you know when we have more information to provide". No information provided since.

Latest driver version 15.22.50.64.2509 still not addresses this issue.

Does anybody know is there a chance Intel will fix it?

I am confused because of the uncertainty whether to wait or buy another video card.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This issue is still present. Please, fix it asap!

0 Kudos
KLill2
Novice

This issue still not resolved in 2696, getting close to a year since the first post in this thread. I started a new thread on this same subject /message/156323# 156323 here. Allan from Intel replied saying Intel is researching on the issue. Crossing my fingers. I'd really like to not have to use a discrete (ATI) graphics card to obtain decent video quality with my new HTPC, when the Intel GPU should have been more than good enough.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This problem also occurs with Ivy Bridge processors. I have the same issue with my Core i5 3550 (Intel HD Graphics 2500, latest driver) and my LG plasma TV. If I drop the resolution to 1680x1050 I see deeper blacks, but at the native resolution of 1920x1080, the blacks are gray.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There was a new release of the Intel HD Graphics drivers (15.22.57.64.2827). Has anybody tried them? Was this issue sorted out? Right now I don't have an access to the system with Intel HD Graphics but I'll report as soon as I'll try those drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In the meantime, a workaround is to create a custom mode with 1920 x 1080 resolution, 60 Hz refresh rate and 32 bits per pixel using GTF, CVT or CVT-RB. If the custom mode is accepted, you must switch to this mode (either by restarting the computer or by setting a different mode and then this custom mode) and the full RGB range (0-255) will be used (sometimes the monitor/TV will tell that the mode is "1920x1080@60" rather than "1080p", this in my Sharp LC-22LE320E also activated the "PC mode" with the additional processing and chroma subsampling disabled, which was something I really wanted). This workaround works with both the 2476 and the 2761 drivers.

EDIT: in the MEANTIME, not in the meanwhile...

0 Kudos