Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel G43/G45 Express Chipset Graphics Card Driver for Windows 8

BMak
Beginner

I play Minecraft, but it needs an updated driver. The current Intel G43 Express Chipset Graphics Card Driver is for Windows Vista and 7, but not Windows 8. Can anyone please provide a driver for me on Windows 8? Thanks in advance to that future magic person.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I understand you are looking for Windows 8 drivers for your Intel G43/G45 chipset.

The Intel G43/G45 chipset driver is provided by Microsoft within your Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit) installation. This type of driver is called Inbox, and this is a native driver that is supplied with the Operating System.

In other words, the driver is automatically installed during installation. If you are looking for an updated driver, they are available through Microsoft Windows Updates.

I recommend checking the following URL for additional information:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm

Allan.

BMak
Beginner

Hello Allan,

Thanks for responding, but the WDDM Drivers provided by Microsoft do not work with Minecraft. There needs to be a more updated driver, for example the drivers in Windows 7/Vista. Could you please supply a driver or anything possible. All is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
M14_
Beginner

I also play minecraft and it showed me outdated drivers error. I use G45/G43 express chipset on windows7 .can you tell me which driver should I update to

0 Kudos
BMak
Beginner

Hello Allan,

Those drivers will not work with Windows 8 Minecraft. It needs a more

updated driver like the ones in Windows 7.

0 Kudos
DCote2
Beginner

These microsoft drivers are inadequate. This renders the product useless. You need to support your hardware better.

0 Kudos
EWins
Beginner

Updated my computer to Windows 8 and click on Play on Minecrat and it comes up with an update drivers error my drivers are all updated

Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

Pleasee helppppppp!

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Minecraft will not play well if you do not have proper drivers for your graphics controller. Drivers for these platforms are not available on the Intel Web site, or on Windows Update.

Allan

0 Kudos
EWins
Beginner

Now I have updated to windows 10 when will they be updated???? and could I downgrade to winodw 7 drivers while I have windows 10 OS? and how?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

There are no plans to develop Windows 10 drivers for the Intel(R) G43/G45 Express Chipset.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

If you are going to downgrade to Windows 7, see the link below:

http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/ How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Allan.

0 Kudos
EWins
Beginner

When will there be plans to develop drivers? This is honestly insane

0 Kudos
EWins
Beginner

Is Intel gonna buy me a graphics card so I can play minecraft? Because this is insane!

0 Kudos
EWins
Beginner

They need to make updates for Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

0 Kudos
EWins
Beginner

Is there windows 10 updates for the Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) yet?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Your graphics controller does not have support for Windows 10 and Intel will not release windows 10 graphics drivers for your mature product.

Allan.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have attached the final build of the Windows 7 drivers for G45/G43. If this doesn't work, nothing will.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos