Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Place to change strict connection of either 2.4ghz/5.2ghz frequencies

YLee44
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I was messing with my wireless adapter (Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230) to try to connect to 802.11ac bands but to no avail. There was this option that I stated in the title that I accessed, but was unable to find again after changing the option. It is a Intel blue-bordered menu.

Does anyone have any idea how to access this option again? I couldn't connect to 2.4ghz frequencies now.

Help much appreciated, thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi YKLee13, I am not sure how you are getting those options since the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/centrino-wireless-n-2230-brief.pdf Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 is a single band 802.11n adapter, meaning that it is not supposed to offer the options related to the 5.2 GHz band or the 802.11ac standard.

However, leaving that information aside, I recommend uninstalling the driver from Device Manager and restarting your system. There is no need to mark the option to delete the software, these steps should revert the settings back to default.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi YKLee13, I am not sure how you are getting those options since the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/centrino-wireless-n-2230-brief.pdf Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 is a single band 802.11n adapter, meaning that it is not supposed to offer the options related to the 5.2 GHz band or the 802.11ac standard.

However, leaving that information aside, I recommend uninstalling the driver from Device Manager and restarting your system. There is no need to mark the option to delete the software, these steps should revert the settings back to default.

0 Kudos
YLee44
Beginner

Hi Joe,

sure will try that. I guess it will automatically grab the default drivers from Windows to get started again?

Thanks!

Edit: Thanks Joe, fixed the issue.

Guess the next time I shop for a laptop, the wireless adapter specifications will be a huge determinant factor. Ha...

0 Kudos