cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem intel SSD 530 AHCI

smore101
New Contributor

Hello,

First, sorry for my english ( i m french )

I buy intel SSD 530 to install windows 7 64 bits.My motherboard is MSI GAMING Z87GD65 with intel 4770K processor.

I have big problem to install windows because windows installer say me controller not good in BIOS.

After lot of hours , i find good parameter of AHCI to install windows on it ( all IDE Mode )

The problem is i can't switch to AHCI mode, my SSD is on Z87 Sata port. Before SSD 530 , i have X-25M SSD and AHCI was OK.

Then i test the performance to SSD and i don't have good one. I have other SSD and HDD ( it s the same if i let only SSD 530 only ) then all the other DD cannot have AHCI because intel 530 cannot like it. When i put AHCI ( only with 530 ) windows cannot load and the screen was blocked

My motherboad, drivers, ssd firmware is update at last version. I have check on internet , i'm not the only guy with this problem.

How we do , please to have full AHCI function?

Thanks for your help

Tiff

11 REPLIES 11

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello tiff13, I am really sorry for the behavior you are experiencing.

Kindly share a picture of the BIOS setup screen, including the brand name on top.

Message was edited by: Joe_Intel

Hi Jo,

if i change IDE mode to AHCI mode , windows was blocked. It s very bad because all HDD ( other of SSD 530 ) are SATA HDD interface and the performance are not the same ( like i already say with my X25-M this system working )

thanks in advance

Tiff

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

So, the Windows* installer cannot detect the Intel® SSD 530 while SATA controller is in AHCI mode, correct? Is the Intel® SSD 530 detected in BIOS when using AHCI?

Hello,

I arrive to pass all system on AHCI with windows patch to activate AHCI on system and i activate AHCI on BIOS in same time.

My other SSD have good performance except intel SSD 530 see picture below

Could you help me for that

thanks in advance Jo