Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Computer freezes after video card update

idata
Employee

Hey everyone, yesterday I updated my Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family using this update

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2991&DwnldID=19469&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel®+4+Series+Express+Chipset+Family&lang=eng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2991&DwnldID=19469&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel®+4+Series+Express+Chipset+Family&lang=eng

It said that it was for windows 7, 64 bit, with my exact driver so naturally I updated.

and once I restarted my computer for the changes to take effect, my problems started. As soon as it rebooted, the second I clicked anything (Folder on desktop, my computer etc) my computer instantly froze with the spinning loading wheel stuck spinning. I let it set for over an hour and it was still frozen. I could move the mouse around, but I couldn't click anything and the cursor was still the loading wheel. I restarted using the power button, and once again it froze instantly on me clicking anything. I let it set once again, and this time I restarted it, let it log in to my desktop, and then didn't touch anything and let it sit over night (approximately 8 hours). In the morning I tried right clicking my computer to open up the device manager to take a look at the adapters to see if I could get an idea of what was going on, but, yet again it froze in the exact same way.

I have an ASUS laptop

- 64 bit

- windows 7

- Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

So I don't see how this could have happened. It said on the update description that it was the latest driver compatible with my EXACT driver. Is there any way I can fix this..??

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

I have the same problem. I also have an Asus laptop. My computer starts to freeze when I have videos playing and when it finally finishes its freezing fit it tells me the intel graphics video card had an issue, but never tries to resolve it or find out why it freezes. I want my computer to return to normal and stop freezing! I still can't figure out what the problem is, please help!

0 Kudos