Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Windows 7 computer display screen broken up/not redrawn/repainting correctly

ASuka
Beginner

Windows 7 computer display screen broken up/not redrawn/repainting correctly

hi Support,

We have several windows 7 computer with alot of display not repainting correctly and windows broken up and pieces of it displaying all over.

This has been ongoing since August and we updated BIOS, updated Intel Driver, removed and re-install Drivers. Set performance on the control panel option to high performance with no luck.

Its to many computer and getting too annoying.

Please help, i attached Intel support logs from the ssu exe file and the DxDiag info.

thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ImagineIT,

Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support. I will be more than happy to help you.

I understand that you are having screen issues with several computers.

If all the computers share the same hardware and software specifications, as per the DxDiag* report I can confirm that the Intel® HD Graphics 2500 driver is not up-to-date.

Running a driver update might solve the issue. Please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
  1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26813/eng/win64_153345.4653.zip
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  8. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  9. Click Have Disk
  10. Click Browse.
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called Graphics.
  12. Select the file called igdlh64 or igdlh
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer when prompted.
And let me know if you have any issues during the installation.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
ASuka
Beginner

hi Support,

We have another case with this issue, I just updated the drivers, is there anything else you can think of that would be causing this.

I am awaiting to see if the updates works, but its so random and I would like to try every possible option.

0 Kudos
ASuka
Beginner

See attached logs

0 Kudos
ASuka
Beginner

Here is another computer - is it on the updated driver for the model of crad? Its looks recent and issues still.

0 Kudos
ASuka
Beginner

When I tried the latest one for intell 4400 it not showing up on the list from the driver file - see screen shot.

0 Kudos
ASuka
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ImagineIT,

Thank you for the information provided.

Regarding the second computer (Intel® HD Graphics 4000), the driver is already up-to-date.

Regarding the third computer (Intel® HD Graphics 4400), you mentioned that you tried installing the latest driver for Intel® HD Graphics 4400. If you mean the version 15.40.36.4703, you need to be aware that this version is only supported in Windows® 10 with 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors. The latest version compatible with Windows® 7 and 4th generation is 15.36.33.4578, which is the one already installed in the system.

Please, test with the drivers provided by the computer manufacturers for these computers and let us know the results.

For the first two computers, you can download the driver from the DELL™ website: https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03785201M/2/Video_Driver_DCG08_WN32_10.18.10.4425_A18_01.EXE

For the third computer, I can see that it is an ASUS* computer but I could not locate its model number. You can contact ASUS* Support to get assistance downloading their driver, or if you already know the model number you can try finding the driver in the ASUS* website: https://www.asus.com/

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ImagineIT,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
ASuka
Beginner

how do i update the files? there is not updload file option here....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ImagineIT,

It is hard to know the exact reason for this issue. Other troubleshooting steps that you can try is using other cables or ports, and not to use any kind of video cable adapters, splitters or docks.

You can also install the Intel® HD Graphics 2500 driver provided by DELL™ for this computer. However, according to the DELL™ website, the drivers they provide with are supported only in Windows® 10. This might be as well the cause of the issue, since this computer model was apparently not designed for Windows® 7. Although you can contact DELL™ Support for more information about this.

Please try with the drivers from Intel® and let me know if the issue is fixed.

About the upload option, to attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos