Items with no label
3335 Discussions

One SR300 recognized, the other not

CLeuz
Beginner

I have two SR300 cameras.

One (bought ~5 months ago) is recognized by my system (Windows 10 Enterprise Build 14393, SDK R2 2016) and works as expected.

The other one (arrived yesterday) is not recognized when I plug it in instead of the other one.

I have tried to reinstall the SDK with the new camera connected but it is still not recognized.

What could be the reason for this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you ensure that Windows Update is enabled in your version of Windows then the camera firmware of the new camera should be updated automatically when the camera is plugged in, as the firmware (a driver stored in the camera, not the computer) should download from the internet and install.

If you do not have a net connection on the PC that the camera is attached to, or Windows Update is disabled and you can not turn it on, then running the SR300 DCM program with the new camera plugged in is the easiest way to update its firmware.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/000023694.html How to Install the Driver for the Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CLeuz
Beginner

To add: When the new SR300 camera is connected, no imaging devices show up in the device manager.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you ensure that Windows Update is enabled in your version of Windows then the camera firmware of the new camera should be updated automatically when the camera is plugged in, as the firmware (a driver stored in the camera, not the computer) should download from the internet and install.

If you do not have a net connection on the PC that the camera is attached to, or Windows Update is disabled and you can not turn it on, then running the SR300 DCM program with the new camera plugged in is the easiest way to update its firmware.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/000023694.html How to Install the Driver for the Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300

0 Kudos
CLeuz
Beginner

Thanks, that worked!

Had to remove and then install the DCM program with the camera plugged in.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You're very welcome! I'm glad it worked for you. Have a great day!

0 Kudos