Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel GMA 3150 drivers for Windows 8.1/10?

idata
Employee

This integrated graphics for Intel Atom N450 only has Windows 7 drivers as seen here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/48011/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-3150-Intel-GMA-3150- Downloads for Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 (Intel® GMA 3150)

The driver contains v8.14.10.2230 with date 10/20/2010 and is compatible with Windows 7.

I'm aware that this particular Graphics chipset has already been discontinued.

I have Windows 8.1 installed. And I have a driver which I think came from Windows Update. It contains v8.15.10.2697 with date 3/11/2013. And as far as I can tell, I have no problems with said driver.

My question is: How do I have a newer driver which is apparently compatible with Windows 8.1 despite Intel only having drivers for Windows 7? And should I try to use the driver from Intel instead of the one that came from Windows Update?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

According to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products Intel doesn't support your legacy GPU on Windows 8.1 or 10.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, thank you for replying.

Please understand that I'm not asking if this legacy GPU officially supports Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. I am already aware that this GPU is discontinued. I'm sorry for the misleading title. I just couldn't think of a succinct way of putting my question as a title.

To reiterate,

My question is: How do I have a newer driver which is apparently compatible with Windows 8.1 despite Intel only having drivers for Windows 7? And should I try to use the driver from Intel instead of the one that came from Windows Update?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is there an official way to bump threads? If not, then bump.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rel287,

Thank you for reaching the Intel Communities.

I understand you would like to find a driver that works for your system, and I can certainly clarify that inquiry for you.

In this case, I regret to inform you there are no drivers released by Intel(R) that work with your system and Windows 8.1 or 10*.

One option you can opt to is looking for drivers at 3rd party websites, but please remember those drivers (if available) will not be official and Intel(R) does not recommend using them or takes responsibility of what they can do to your computer.

If further questions are present, feel free to contact us back.

Thanks,

Esteban C

0 Kudos