Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel and Powerdvd17 no audio

mHoug
Beginner

HI there

i have been trying to figure out who needs to fix the no audio and HDR problem in powerdvd17(there latest patch of today doesn't fix it), every WDDM 2.2 driver i have tried fails to produce audio when in full screen HDr mode including the 15.46.5.4771_BN which fixes 4k 60hz on intel nucs which i have in powerdvd 17 and only WDDM2.1 drivers will work,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello orby

Thank you for reaching the Intel Communities. I understand you would like to get the audio and HDR working as desired, and we can certainly check on this looking for a possible solution or source of the problem.

I would like to get some data from the system to have a better overview of the scenario you have now.

Please provide the following information:

• What is the configuration you have? is the system connected to an AVR or directly to the TV?
  • What types of cables are being used? (HDMI, DisplayPort, other)
  • Are you using any sort of adapters? If so, what are the brand and model?
  • Do you happen to remember the versions of the drivers tested so far?
  • Attach the Intel(R) SSU report to your answer

Also, would you please further elaborate on the issue related to HDR? What is the system's behavior?

What is the problem faced with audio? Is it missing, does it have latency issues?

How to get the Intel(R) SSU report?

1. Download the tool: http://intel.ly/2pQj9Kk http://intel.ly/2pQj9Kk
  2. Scan the system
  3. Save the report
  4. Attach it to your answer

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
mHoug
Beginner

HI there

will upload the ssu report soon as i can but remaining info request

set up is Nu7I7BNK to arcam avr 550 to panasonic DX902b

HDMi cables throughout and no adapters

drivers i can list from info gained at work

windows is currently redstone 3, installed in hopes might see improvement but the same as having RS2 installed

15.45.18.4664, HDR works and so does Audio

15.45.19.4678 HDR works and so does Audio

15.46.02.4729 HDR works Audio does not

15.46.4.4749 HDR works Audio does not

15.46.05.4771 HDR works Audio does not

15.46.5.4771_BN HDR works Audio does not

15.47.02.4815 HDR works Audio does not

the problem i am facing is using any driver other than a WDDM 2.1 version i get no audio at all when trying to watch 4k movies through powerdvd 17 when full screen HDR mode is enabled, it also does not switch to 24P mode but that i suspect is down to powerdvd

it will also not play audio with any driver if powerdvd has to change the refresh rate from 24p to 60p from testing in hopes that it would stay 24P

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for reporting back with the information, it is really useful!

I do want to check the SSU report from your system so I will keep this thread handy to get that report.

If additional questions are present, feel free to add them to your answer.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
mHoug
Beginner

ssu as requested

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for reporting back, orby

I will be investigating this matter, as soon as I get more details I will let you know or if additional information is required as well. (not ETA for resolution so far)

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi orby,

This is a known issue that is been worked out Intel and CyberLink*.

I don't have any estimated time as of when there is going to be communication about this issue so I will recommend that you keep an eye on this forum for any future updates.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos