Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel iGpu + Windows 10 CU + Magnifier issue

dd12
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having issues with my 630 igpu (i5 7500) with any graphics driver version + Windows 10 Creators Update (all Windows updates installed). When using the Windows Magnifier + inverted colors in browsers with hardware acceleration (eg. Chrome and Opera), Microsoft Word 2016 etc., moving the mouse pointer to the Windows taskbar (and randomly in other areas) temporarily disables color inversion. I've managed to "fix" it by disabling hardware acceleration in those browsers, but I believe it's worth investigating as to why this happens.

A similar issue also affects the Windows Media Player (see pic) - when the mouse cursor is over the video, only a certain part has inverted colors, and not the rest.

Can anyone please check if this can be reproduced?

This does not happen on my other PC with Windows 10 CU that has a discrete nVidia graphics card.

Thanks,

D

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DD123,

Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support. I will be more than happy to help you.

I understand that you are having issues with inverted colors in your Windows® 10 operating system.

I do apologize for the inconvenience. In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
dd12
Beginner

Thank you for the response, Xavier. Here is the TXT file.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DD123,

Thank you very much for the report.

We are going to try to replicate the issue in our labs to be able to find a solution for you. This may take a few days, so I will need to ask you for your patience.

I will post back as soon as we have any update about this.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DD123,

Thank you very much for your patience. We perform a test in our laboratories, trying the replicated the issue. However, the issue was not replicated. We tried in a system with the same graphics controller as yours, and also with the latest driver version.

The Magnifier was activated and set with inverted colors, and it worked with no issues with every possible application. You can find a screenshot below where you can see it working as expected with Chrome™, Firefox®, WordPad*, and Windows® Media Player (playing an animation over a whiteboard).

Since the issue was not replicated, we believe that it is not related to the graphics driver. However, we used a more recent version of Windows® 10 in our tests. We recommend you to update to Windows® 10 Fall Creators Update. You can find instructions on how to update Windows® in the next link: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/10/17/get-windows-10-fall-creators-update/

Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel®. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there.

After updating Windows®, if you think that it might help you with the issue, you can try uninstalling and deleting the current driver, and installing the driver one more time. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the graphics driver:
  1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
And please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
  1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27199/eng/win64_154702.4815.zip
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click "Have Disk".
  10. Click "Browse".
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer when prompted.
Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
dd12
Beginner

Thank you for the effort, Xavier.

Unfortunately, this is my work computer, so I am reluctant to apply any major updates.

Once the opportunity arises, I will do the following:

1. Flash the latest BIOS for my motherboard.

2. Install Windows 10 Fall Update (from scratch, not as an upgrade).

Hopefully, that will resolve the issue - I'll let you know.

Thank you again.

Br

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DD123,

You are very welcome. I will be keeping an eye on this thread waiting for an update from your behalf. I truly that you can find a solution with the steps that you proposed.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DD123,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
dd12
Beginner

Hi Xavier,

I am glad to report that I have finally found the time to format my computer and do a clean installation of Windows FCU. Simply updating the BIOS didn't solve anything. However, after installing a fresh copy of Windows and the latest graphics drivers, the issue is gone!

Thank you and best regards,

D.
0 Kudos