Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Using Euclid's configurable buttons

XCres
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I would like to use the two buttons available on top of the Euclid. In particular I want to used them to start/stop a predefined scenario. Is there any document explaining how to make use of them?

Best regards,

Crespum.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

They are also known as 'soft buttons'. I could not find any info about them, so I guessed they are probably shortcut keys. When I added 'shortcut' to the keyword search, I came across an Intel forum post where someone asks about 'the two buttons on top' of Euclid and they were pointed to this page.

https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/keyboard-shortcuts-set.html Set keyboard shortcuts

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

They are also known as 'soft buttons'. I could not find any info about them, so I guessed they are probably shortcut keys. When I added 'shortcut' to the keyword search, I came across an Intel forum post where someone asks about 'the two buttons on top' of Euclid and they were pointed to this page.

https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/keyboard-shortcuts-set.html Set keyboard shortcuts

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Crespum,

Thank you for contacting Intel® RealSense™ Technology support.

Your case number is 03066809

This message is to let you know that we are currently investigating on your request related to your Intel® Euclid™ product.

As soon as we have any updates we will be contacting you back.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
XCres
Beginner

Hello,

I have received an email claiming that the issue has been closed a few days ago but the results have not been posted. Can you check it out please?

Best regards,

Crespum.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

As far as I know, my answer above about the shortcut programming was the correct one, as it was the solution advised by another Intel support agent when someone else asked how the top buttons on the Euclid could be programmed.

0 Kudos
Meitav_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Crespum,

In order to launch a scenario from the command line you need to use the following command:

roslaunch configuration_node scenario_manager.launch scario:=

Regards,

Meitav

Intel Euclid Development Team

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Crespum,

The above instructions provided by Marty and Meitav are correct but you might encounter some problems setting custom keyboard shortcuts in Ubuntu 16.04. This seems to be a limitation in 16.04 based on my research in the interwebs.

One more point of clarification, the command line Meitav provided should be:

roslaunch configuration_node scenario_manager.launch scenario:=

Please let us know if you are successful in setting the custom keyboard shortcut to achieve this.

Regards,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos