Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Turbo boost monitor says processor(i7-3632qm) does not have turbo boost!!

idata
Employee

I have bought a sony vaio SVE15129CN 4 days back. After using it for 2 days i realized that the turbo boost is not funtioning then I downloaded the intel turbo boost monitor to solve it but it says that my processor i.e intel 3rd gen i7 3632qm does not have turbo boost capabilities.

So,please help me on this issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello anne070793,

The Intel® Core™ i7 processor I7- 3632QM leaves the Intel® facilities supporting Intel® Turbo Boost Technology; however, the different system builders have the capability/option of customizing the processors at a BIOS level for it to be adapted to their system design needs. This would be the main difference between an OEM processor (already comes installed on your branded system) and a retail boxed one.

From the processor side, what we can recommend you is making sure the processor is being properly recognized by the system; for this matter, you can run the Intel® Processor Identification Utility: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=7838 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=7838

Also, consult with Sony* if your system supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. If it is supported, make sure within your system BIOS that Intel® Enhanced Speedstep Technology and Intel® Turbo Boost Technology are both enabled due to the fact that Intel® Turbo Boost Technology will not work if Intel® Enhanced Speedstep Technology is disabled.

For further details and troubleshooting options on your system please proceed contacting Sony*.

idata
Employee

I checked using the utility tool and processor was recognized correctly. I also consulted Sony long back and they said my system supports turbo boost and boosts accordingly with the load applied. When I tested with a game(prototype2) the speed was constant around 2.0 GHz but never reached turbo boost frequency.

However, when I checked in BIOS as you suggested, Intel® Enhanced Speedstep Technology was not mentioned anywhere, only Virtualisation Technology, that too it was disabled. How do I proceed now?

0 Kudos