Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Is there any documents about "programming using My WiFi Technology" ?

idata
Employee

My WiFi dashboard is a great tool for us to setting connection between devices and envrionment.

We have some scenario idea and want to initial research by using My WiFi Technology.

Is there any document or programming guide about "how to using MWT funcitons/ libraries in application directly without My WiFi dashboard" ?

Something Likes WiDi connection application, integrates with MWT more closely in application.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Victor_B_Intel
Employee

Thank you very much for your post Kenny

I understand that you have some questions regarding the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard technology.

Please note that Intel® My WiFi Dashboard has replaced Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT) software application.

*Intel My WiFi Dashboard has two versions: Full and Lite. The software version installed on your system depends on the following:

*The Full Version is installed if all of the following are true:

*A supported Intel® Centrino® wireless adapter is installed.

*Version 15.2.0 of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software is installed

*Lite Version is installed if any of the following are true:

* A non-supported Intel® wireless adapter is installed

* A non-Intel wireless adapter is installed

* A supported Intel Centrino wireless adapter is installed but the wrong version of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software is installed

Note: Upgrade the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software to version 15.2.0 prior to upgrading Intel My WiFi Dashboard. Upgrading will make sure the Full Version of the Dashboard is installed. Otherwise, the Lite Version is installed by default.

The non-Supported Intel wireless adapters are the following:

Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection

Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection

You may also check the following link for further information:

Wireless Technologies: Installing Intel® My WiFi Dashboard

http://www.intel.com/support/notebook/sb/CS-033660.htm http://www.intel.com/support/notebook/sb/CS-033660.htm

I hope this helps

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Victor,

Thanks for your reply !

Intel® My WiFi Dashboard is an great and useful application.

We want to develop another application base on the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard related technologies, could you provide some document about programming with Intel® My WiFi Dashboard functions or libraries ?

We have some scenario and look for some connectivity technology like Intel® My WiFi Dashboard to implement our idea.

Thanks for your help .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kenny,

Note that Intel currently does not offer software development options with this software, it is currently offered as-is to the end user. Nevertheless you may check the Developer Zone (DZ) site at the link below:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/appup/sdksandtools Intel AppUp® Developers - SDKs and Tools | Intel® Developer Zone

On the bottom right you may click on the support option for more information on how to become a developer partner with Intel and which products and software are open.

0 Kudos