Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD 3000 graphics drivers will not update.

KRone
Beginner

I have a Toshiba Satellite C655, with an Intel i3 2.3 ghz processor and an intel HD 3000 graphics card using version 9.17.10.3223. I recently downloaded a game that says my graphics drivers are 1027 days old. I tried to update them using the Intel Driver Utility scanner but it was unable to find a driver. I then tried to manually install a newer version of the drivers and I thought that this one would be it, Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40 6th Gen] version 15.40.14.4352. I ran the .exe for it twice but it appeared to do nothing. So I finally went into the Device Manager on my laptop and clicked on update drivers, but it kept telling me they were up to date. So as you can tell I am really really confused. I have one program saying my drivers are 3 years old and another program saying they are completely up to date, and one that just cant find them at all. Can anyone help me figure this out?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Jibabby,

Pre-build systems such as your Toshiba Satellite C655 comes with customized drivers by your pc manufacturer. Our generic drivers available in our website might not work in your system.

According to Toshiba, the latest version available is 9.17.10.2843; however, Microsoft* released a newer graphics version for your pc for Windows® 10. You are already using it.

From now on, newer drivers for Intel® HD 3000 are going to be provided with Windows® 10 update.

Regards,

Mike C

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Jibabby,

Pre-build systems such as your Toshiba Satellite C655 comes with customized drivers by your pc manufacturer. Our generic drivers available in our website might not work in your system.

According to Toshiba, the latest version available is 9.17.10.2843; however, Microsoft* released a newer graphics version for your pc for Windows® 10. You are already using it.

From now on, newer drivers for Intel® HD 3000 are going to be provided with Windows® 10 update.

Regards,

Mike C
KRone
Beginner

Ok that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jibabby,

You are welcome.

Regards,

Mike C