Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

N 2230 and win 8.1, 'its taking longer than usual to connect to this network'

mjons
New Contributor I

I don't know if this is a windows or driver error, but when i connect to my wireless the charm bar is stuck at 'its taking longer than usual to connect to this network' even though I'm connected. On the latest drivers from Windows update.

Have to point out I also have the drop out issue, wifi stops working sometimes while connected.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Marjo, so I understand you are using the latest Windows* 8.1 drivers. If you are not using Intel® drivers or Intel® Proset then the issue is related to your operating system or Microsoft* driver and therefore you may contact them.

We will be releasing a compatible driver for Windows* 8.1.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You guys have 8.1 Drivers already, I've downloaded, tested them (someone here gave me the link because I couldn't find it myself, they aren't in the download list at least then), and he's right, the driver both loads really slow and a webpage will take like 10 seconds to load when normally it takes 1 second.

Something is wrong with your 8.1 drivers, let alone the dropping issue on all drivers.

Man, it's like you don't even know your own services.

0 Kudos
mjons
New Contributor I

The driver is 15.10.3.2, provided by Intel from windows update. I did try the previous driver and Intel software but same issue.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Such driver is not yet publicly available since it has not been officially released. Please also note that Windows* 8.1 is still a preview at this time.

0 Kudos