Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

RST does not give system disk as option to enable

JRich11
Beginner

I recently moved my SSD drive from one PC to another. In the original PC RST was enabled on the system drive and worked perfectly for several years. On the new PC, acceleration is not an option for the system drive. I have a RAID 1 volume set up on this new pc and acceleration is an option for that volume, but the RAID 1 is for data storage only and I have no desire to accelerate it.

Both systems are on Win 10 most recent creator update. Both system drives are identical WD 640 Black drives. Motherboards are slightly different; the old was a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, the new is a Gigabyte Z77M-D3H. Both using the Z77 chipset, raid enabled in BIOS on both systems.

I've seen a number of posters who have the same issue but haven't found a solution yet. Any suggestions? If you have questions I'll be glad to answer them.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JRich44

Thank you for joining the community. I will be more than happy to assist you with this situation in order to do so could you provide us with the following report from IRST

1. Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology).

2. Click the Help icon.

3. Click the System Report icon.

4. Click Save.

5. Open the report, copy all the information (Ctrl+C) and paste it here (Ctrl+V) so I can take a look.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JRich44

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos