Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Is there way to synchronize multiple cameras using sync generator in D415/D435?

KMiya7
Beginner

I am currently using multiple D415/D435.

I'd like to synchronize color and depth of them. Is there way to synchronize multiple cameras using sync generator ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Kohei,

Thanks for posting in the RealSense community.

The external sync capability of the RealSense D400 series cameras is still being developed and, therefore, documentation is limited. We will post an update as a blog on the front page of this community when it is officially supported

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
idata
Employee

Hello Kohei,

I just received a notification from the engineering department and this feature has a target date to be officially released on Q2' 18.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
KMiya7
Beginner

Hi Juan,

Thank you for your quick response.

We will look forward to seeing an update.

Best Regards,

Kohei Miyamoto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kohei,

You are most welcome.

Have a great day, Thanks for posting in our community.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
BPalm
Beginner

In looking for syncing release has it been completed? I am Ordering a D435 and would like to use along with my D415. I also intend to purchase two more for a total of four and was planning on using two D415 at the rear side of turntable and two D435 at the front. This will be done on my desktop however i could consider using two of the aaeon boards since I am buying the board with camera . The only concern with latter is I had plans to use one aaeon board with a f200 and global shutter industrial camer for experimentation. I presume the drivers are different for the 200 somit cannot be used with the 400 series.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Toysrfun,

Yes, you can use the multi-camera configuration right now on your D415 or D435.

The paper that describes the setup and offers more information can be found https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/RealSense_Multiple_Camera_WhitePaper.pdf here.

Please be aware that you cannot sync one D435 with one D415. It is mandatory to use the same camera if you want to have the configuration.

As for your last questions, you are right. The F200 drivers are different from the D400 drivers.

I hope this answers your questions!

Best regards,

Eliza
0 Kudos