Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

What are ways to reset Intel Graphics to default without enabling it?

MVill10
Beginner

Hi all, I have an Intel Compaq Elite desktop and with an Intel Graphics settings already with 75 fps. However, I would like to reset it in default without enabling it because whenever I will enable the graphics system my monitor would all go to black. I've disable the graphic software using safe mode and then on I was not using the Intel Graphics anymore, I would like to have in enable in my system without my monitor going black out. Is there any other way? Like uninstalling it and then when re installed would go back to its default settings?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Mick.Villajos

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you provide us with the DxDiag report to have your system information? Follow this steps
  • Use the win logo key +R
  • Type DxDiag then "OK"
  • Use the "save all the information" option
  • Save the file to your desktop
  • Please attach the .txt file to the thread
Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
MVill10
Beginner

Hi Leonardo C,

Thanks for the response btw and also, I've followed what you've said and here is my DxDiag.txt attached already.

Hoping for you response

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mick.Villajos

Thank you for your response and the information provided I see that you are using a hp desktop with Intel® inside I recommend to start by updating the drivers provided by the manufacturer since those are built comparable with your system please refer to de the following link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-elite-8300-small-form-factor-pc/5232852 https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-elite-8300-small-form-factor-pc/5232852

Regards

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
MVill10
Beginner

Hi Leonardo C,

I've really appreciated the your diligence in helping me on my graphics. If ever I would download the set of drivers that I need for updating, do the intel graphics would reset on its default settings immediately or do I still need to default it manually?

0 Kudos
MVill10
Beginner

Also , to remind you that I disabled the Intel Graphics since everytime I enable it, It would cause my monitor to go all black

0 Kudos
MVill10
Beginner

Hi Leonardo C,

As I've updated my drivers as what you have mentioned and after restarting my computer so that the drivers would take effect. My monitor indeed go all black and message me "Out of Range" I noticed this kind of situation every time I will enable the intel Graphics driver. So is there any ways to reset the driver to default without enabling it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mick.Villajos

Thank you for your response,

The drivers that were provided in the previous post were developed to be compatible with your system, I recommend to get in contact with HP for assistance on the error that you are having with their driver

Regards

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos