Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Problem with my i5 6500

TBuck1
Beginner

Hello, I have a Problem with my i5 6500 Processor.

This is my Setup:

• - CPU: Intel Core i5-6500
  • - Mainboard: ASUS H170-Pro Gaming
  • - RAM: Crucial CL15 8GB DDR 4
  • - Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W
  • - Graphics: Zotac GTX 750Ti

Problem: When I use my Graphics card in the PCI Express # 1 Slot (16 Lanes incl. lanes of CPU) of my Motherboard the System shuts down while Gaming. When I use the same card in the PCI Express # 2 Slot (only 4 Lanes I guess) the system works fine.

The grahpics Card ONLY works in the slot # 1, when I manually Change the PCI Express Speed in the BIOS of the Asus Board to "Generation 1". When I use "generation 2", "generation 3" or "auto" I get the described error.

What I did already:

• I made a fresh Windows installation and did a CMOS Bios Reset
  • I already changed the RAM, the graphics card, the power supply and the motherboard.

Can you help me here? Is there a problem with the PCI Lanes of the CPU or might be another issue?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

The only way to check if the processor is defective would be placing another one on your computer.

You could try updating the motherboard BIOS or see if there are known issues through your motherboard maker.

If you think you may have a defective processor,please contact Intel support at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

Allan.

0 Kudos