Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

S5000XALR status light blinking green power button dissabled

CCran6
Beginner

Hello I recently bought a S5000XALR motherboard and I have installed it into a 4u chassis with no special features, just an on/off and reset switch, 3 leds, and 2 usb ports. I have added 4 8gb FBDIMMS and 4 4gb FBDIMMS for the memory and 2 intel Xeon X5470 processors. When I plug in the power cord all the fans, 3 sys fans, 2 cpu fans, and the power supply fan all spin and the status light starts to blink the green and amber then goes to a steady green for a few seconds and starts to blink green meaning there is a degrate somewhere. The power button on the control remains disabled and the fans keep spinning. I have tried to use only 2 sticks of memory and even one and changed the ones I was using to check if there might be a problem with one of them. I have tried using only one processor and tried each by it's self. I have tried unhooking all hard drives and cd's and even the 2 usbs on the case. When I start with no processor in I get the beeping, but when I start with no ram in I don't get the beeping that Intel has to;d me I should be getting without memory, and the status light still stays blinking green instead of the solid amber it should be. I have also tried using 2 different processors to no avail. any thoughts on to where I should go from here with the trouble shooting would be very much appreciated. This is the second S5000XALR I have bought the first blew a transistor when I plugged it in I'm just hoping this isn't another bad board.

Thank You again

and like always stay safe and have fun

Christopher J. Crandall

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the board you are looking support for is end of interactive support (EOIS) reason why the only source of support is our website:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-boards/legacy-server-and-workstation-boards/intel-server-board-s5000pal-family/intel-server-board-s5000xalr.html Intel® Server Board S5000XALR

We apologized for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the board you are looking support for is end of interactive support (EOIS) reason why the only source of support is our website:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-boards/legacy-server-and-workstation-boards/intel-server-board-s5000pal-family/intel-server-board-s5000xalr.html Intel® Server Board S5000XALR

We apologized for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos