Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

GTX 970 / 980 card recommendation for S5520HC

GBart2
Beginner

Hi,

the issue I am trying to solve is this: my ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! works fine in Core i5 desktop, but is not recognized in my Intel S5520HC mainboard where I would like to use it for some TensorFlow GPU computing.

The card is inserted into the only PCIe 2.0 x16 slot (mechanically, only x8 electrically) on the board. a Quadro K4000 card works fine in that slot, so the slot seems to be working.

I am wondering if this could be a PCIe 2.0 / x8 slot compatibility issue? Could this be solved e.g. by updated the GPU's firmware and/or trying other PCIe slots using a x8 -> x16 riser?

The Intel board is running the latest firmware/bios.

Anybody here have any experience with / recommendation for a modern nvidia GPU that is compatible with this board? something along the lines GTX 970 / 980 / 980ti / Titan X would be great.

Thanks!

Guenter

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GBart2
Beginner

turns out that updating the GPU to the latest firmware from https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/ Downloads | techPowerUp *did* fix the issue

0 Kudos