Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

idata
Employee

I have an HP Pro 3130 MT on Windows 7 32-bit and I'm trying to install a driver. In device manager there is one driver that is not installed. It says Video Controller (VGA Compatible).

When I click on the driver and then "update driver software" I click on search automatically for drivers online, it comes up saying windows has determined that the driver for your device is up to date for "Intel HD Graphics".

So I go find the driver on the website "Intel" and I download and install it. The Video Controller (VGA Compatible) is still there. I have searched around and tried many different drivers to get this working and none have done so.

Is there anything I can do?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

According to your computer specifications may come with Intel(R) onboard graphics or ATI or Nvidia graphics. If the automatic tool detects Intel HD Graphics, I recommend checking with your computer manufacturer for any other driver available for your computer model.

Again, it appears that Intel(R) drivers are already installed on your computer.

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Got the driver to install properly.

I had to go onto the BIOS and change the graphics option from PCI-E to Onboard.

I then put the driver on again.

Then booted it into safe mode, and then it installed correctly.

Booted it up normaly and I get all the features.

0 Kudos