Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20632 Discussions

Intel HD 3000 drivers hamper display calibration

idata
Employee

I have found that the Intel HD 3000 drivers on my system hamper calibration (and therefore profiling) of the display. Calibrating the display involves loading a specific color look-up table (LUT). Usually at login time, a third-party LUT loader will load the specific LUT. The Intel drivers, in certain situations, eventually reset the LUT to its default, effectively undoing the display calibration. This makes any color profile based on the calibrated LUT unusable.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1) calibrate the display (usually with 3rd-party software)

2) let the calibration software load the calibrated LUT

3) leave the system idle long enough such that the display goes into stand-by mode

4) take the display out of stand-by mode

5) intel drivers reload the default LUT, undoing the display calibration

Other ways to reproduce the issue (replacing step 3 above)

- Make system changes such that Microsoft UAC kicks in.

- Switch from a laptop integrated display to an external one, or vice versa

- Start the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel (Ctrl+Alt+F12 on my system), then in Advanced Mode go under Display, Color Enhancement and just click OK

Workaround I have found so far:

A) Go to System Configuration (from Start menu execute "msconfig")

B) Go to the Startup tab and disable igfxpers.exe (I am still able to reset the LUT with the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel, if needed)

C) Restart the system

My Intel drivers version is 8.15.10.2509, running Windows 7 64-bit.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

We will try to replicate this issue in our systems; I will appreciate if you can send us back the Diagnostic Report of your graphics driver to the following email address:

mailto:graphics@mailbox.intel.com graphics@mailbox.intel.com

This is a reference for this report:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm?wapkw=%28graphics+report%29 http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm?wapkw=%28graphics+report%29

As soon we have received the information we will work on your case.

Regards,

Dago MC.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have similar problems - except, I noticed that it's not only returning from standby that resets any calibration. Every time a UAC dialogue pops up, the display calibration is gone. I also disabled igfxpers.exe at autostart and this solves the issue for me. Why does igfxpers.exe try to overwrite calibration profiles from time to time?

Cheers,

Timo

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@ Fantauzzi

dear friend - i had same problem with driver build 2618. calibration w. spyder-utility disappeared after monitor wake-up.

good news: problem was fixed when using build 2696.

my advice: use good oldfashioned method "have disc" to update driver; after restart I suggest to re-calibrate monitor to create a new .icm-file.

pls. disable all color-corrections in intel-driver-menu.

regards - Walter

i3-2125 W7 64bit Asrock H61M

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there, I calibrated my screen with the eye-one match 3 software and the spyder. I've tried the methods in this thread and in others. Since im a photographer having a properly calibrated screen is a must. When my computer boots up the screen is set to my custom calibration then when everything boots up it reverts back.

I have a core i7 with the integrated 3000 HD card.

0 Kudos