Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Trouble with Realsense 3D (F200)

MManu
Novice

So just recently I bought my laptop from my brother, basically in the best conditions, it is an HP ENVY 15-v010nr Touchscreen laptop, which comes with the integrated Intel Realsense 3D (F200).I formatted the laptop completely so I've been installing the drivers directly from the intel website, and the webcam does work but for some reason I get a really blurry, or bad quality image, when I'm pretty sure that the Camera can do better. I took a photo of my cellphone and that's the quality that I get from the camera. The camera was working before, I believe the default OS was Window 8.1, and now I am running Windows 10. I'm not really sure what's going on but I'm really looking forward to using it, I would really aprecciate some help! I'll leave a ZIP file with system information and a photo with the realsense camera.

9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Gringochi,

Thank you for contacting us. We'll help you setup your camera so you can use it again.

After formatting your computer it's likely that the DCM needs to be installed again. I'd suggest you to go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager and install the DCM for your camera. If you have another DCM installed, uninstall it first before installing the latest one from the aforementioned link.

Let us know your results.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
MManu
Novice

Hi Sergio, thanks for the response.

So I went ahead and uninstalled the previous DCM I had, I basically uninstalled any Realsense related stuff off of my PC. When I installed the DCM for my camera which you linked, I got this:

I noticed that the 3D camera and the DCM service were already installed, I'm not sure if I uninstalled it incorrectly. I used the same installer I had previously to uninstall, so I am kind of confused.

Same results with the camera though.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for letting us know you tried our suggestion. In cases like yours where the camera used to work but stops working, it's important to try 3 things.

1. To stop and restart the DCM service
  2. Uninstall the DCM and install the latest one.
  3. Ensure you're using a USB 3.0 cable.
In your case, since you're using an integrated camera, I'd suggest you to reinstall the computer's USB drivers. This may fix your camera's issues.

Let us know your results.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Gringochi,

Do you still need assistance with this case? Did you reinstall the USB drivers?

-Sergio

0 Kudos
MManu
Novice

Oh I'm sorry I didn't get a e-mail about your response. And yes I have reinstalled the USB drivers but still no luck at all, I get the same results. I've been thinking about formatting my PC again, since I used a driver program to install the drivers in the first place, I didn't install them manually. Do you think that would be a good idea?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Gringochi,

I don't think it'd be necessary to format your PC if you're able to get the USB drivers that were originally in your PC. If those USB drivers are available for download from the HP website, you can try to install them on your PC for your current OS. Remember to uninstall the current drivers first before attempting to install the new ones.

Let us know if you're successful at finding the HP drivers and if this solves your issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Gringochi,

We're following up on your case. Please let us know if there's something else we can help you with. We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
MManu
Novice

I'm sorry for not responding, I've been so busy with the holidays that I didn't even remember the problem. So just to make sure we're on the same page, the USB drivers I must uninstall are the ones found in the Device Manager correct? Also can I get a link for the drivers please? Don't want to install the incorrect drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Gringochi,

I believe this is the driver page for your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-15-Notebook-PC-series/7527533/model/7734384. Please confirm that it is and then look for the section called Driver-Chipset, under that section you will find the USB 3.0 driver.

Right now just try the following:

1. Open "Control Panel". In case you don't know how, you can follow the steps in http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/7-ways-to-open-control-panel-in-windows-10.html

2. If the Control Panel has its view set by category, you should see an option called Programs, right below it will be an option called Uninstall a program, click on it. If the Control Panel has its view set by either large or small icons, you should see an option called Programs and Features, click on it.

3. Look for a program called Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager F200 and uninstall all versions of it.

4. Install the USB 3.0 driver found on the website I shared above.

5. Download the latest version of Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager F200 from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager.

6. Install this software and let us know if the camera is now functional.

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Peter.
0 Kudos