Items with no label
3335 Discussions

The doubts about realsense 3d scan(Use R200 Camera)

kkeye
Novice

I'm working with the 3d scan project used Intel Realsense R200 Camera and Intel Realsense SDK R3 with C# . In the process of scanning i used PreviewImage to get each frame of the image, but each frame of the image i want to replace has been scanning 3d model projection color from color camera to some solid color, like green or gray. I didn't find any way to achieve this goal, what should i do? Please help me to achieve this goal thanks!

I want to effect the following figure, the characters in the scanning process model into solid color like white.

16 Replies
Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi KY_JIAO,

Thank you for contacting us.

From your description I understand you want to use the solidification function. First, go to the RealSense Documentation of Release 3. Go to your PC and go to the file C:/Program_Files/Intel/RSSDK/doc/PDF/sdkmanual.pdf. This document describes the solidification features and how to enable it. Solidification extends the surface curvature to close holes in areas that are not visible to the camera, which can be applied in this case to the person's feet. Take a look at section 3.13.1 to see where you can enable the Solid option.

Let us know if this is what you were looking for.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
kkeye
Novice

Hi Sergio

Thank you for your help.

But in my description I do not want to use solidification features.

I just want to will scan the color in the process of 3d models into a 3d model of pure color.

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Do you enable the colour stream before beginning the preview? Also, are you using PIXEL_FORMAT_RGB32 in the image.AcquireAccess method?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi KY_JIAO,

I haven't tried this but, as an addition to jb455's suggestion, you should also check the Projection APIs, QueryUVMap, PixelFormat, etc.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
kkeye
Novice

when I activate 3dscan model the color stream will automatically enable, I don't know how to separate close color stream. can you give me some hints?

0 Kudos
kkeye
Novice
0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

So, before I enable 3DScan I explicitly enable the depth and colour streams:

pxcmStatus result = pSenseManager.EnableStream(PXCMCapture.StreamType.STREAM_TYPE_COLOR, colourInfo.width, colourInfo.height, 30);

result = pSenseManager.EnableStream(PXCMCapture.StreamType.STREAM_TYPE_DEPTH, depthInfo.width, depthInfo.height, 30);

result = pSenseManager.Enable3DScan();

Do you do this?

0 Kudos
kkeye
Novice

I only use the following code

AppSession.SM.CaptureManager.FilterByStreamProfiles(StreamType.STREAM_TYPE_DEPTH, DepthWidth, DepthHeight, FrameRate);

AppSession.ScanModule = Scan3D.Activate(AppSession.SM);

I think I should use the projection API of this problem

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Ok, so if you do that but copy the "FilterByStreamProfiles" line but using STREAM_TYPE_COLOR (in addition to the depth line), does that do what you want?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Do you still need assistance with this thread? What were the results of trying jb455's suggestion?

-Sergio

0 Kudos
kkeye
Novice

Still not solve my problem.I need is in the process of scanning, modify the point cloud color for my custom monochrome(like red、yellowgreen or other), rather than through the camera capture of color.Finally, synthetic images.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi KY_JIAO,

We'll do some research to try and help you with this case. We'll contact you soon.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi KY_JIAO,

Thank you for your patience. After researching about your case we concluded that what you want to achieve is not possible to do natively in the SDK.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
kkeye
Novice

Thanks Sergio

Hope that Intel can join in the back of the SDK update this API, I personally think this feature is very important for 3d scan!!!

0 Kudos
kkeye
Novice

Thanks Sergio

Hope that Intel can join in the back of the SDK update this API, I personally think this feature is very important for 3d scan!!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi KY_JIAO,

We'll take your feedback and pass it to the right team. Hopefully, this feature will be available in future releases.

-Sergio

0 Kudos