Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Object recognition using depth only (no color matching)

KKunz3
Beginner

We would like to use the object recognition capabilities of the SR300 to track objects in a A/R environment, where we have a projector projecting an image into the space the object moves through.

The object recognition logic works great for the object I want to use (I create a SLAM file for it using the Metro interface in the Object Tracking demo). That is as long as the projector is turned off.

Once the projected image hits the object, the colors overlaying it confuses the recognition logic -- which is evidently matching both mesh features and the originally recorded colors at each feature location.

Is it possible to turn off the color matching logic, so that only mesh features are used?

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi QuietPixel,

Thank you for contacting us and for the detailed description of your issue. I did some research on your issue because I've never tried to do use the Realsense camera in an AR environment. Among the things that I found was that there were some limitations when the object changed some of its qualities, such as lighting variation. Given this behavior, one option would be to try and disable color matching, as you mentioned, to see if there's a change in the results. I've not seen this features in the documentation but, I'll do some more research to see if I can find a workaround that'll help you with this project.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi QuietPixel,

I've investigated further on this case. The best advice I can give is to point you to the documentation. This is because Object Tracking is not fully supported on the SR300 camera.

You can find more information here https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_devguide_introduction.html https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_devguide_introduction.html .

-Sergio

0 Kudos