Items with no label
3335 Discussions

RealSense SDK - C++/C# Object Tracking File Format

idata
Employee

So I am currently looking into different methods of object tracking and I have an SR300 camera. I thought I would try the one provided as a sample in the RealSense SDK browser. I scanned in an object using 3D Scan (C# ), which gives me a ".obj" file. However the Object Tracking (C# and C++) require meshes in the format of .xml or .slam. I am unable to find a tool capable of converting the .obj into one of these formats. From what I can gather from the documentation the suggested tool is something called Metaio. That tool no longer seems available however after it was acquired over a year ago by Apple. Is there a tool I can use for conversion? Or a simple way to get a mesh from an object in one of these formats?

Thanks

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Ok so seems I might have mixed myself up at some point as I must have opened the C# version of the application twice. The C++ version does in fact have the tools available to create a map of .slam or generate a .xml based on a .obj.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Chris-W,

Thank you for letting us know you resolved the issue and for sharing your results. If you have other questions related to RealSense don't hesitate to contact us again.

Have a nice day.

-Sergio

0 Kudos